Tuesday, March 10, 2009


So, most people who read my blog know the S.C.C., but to the few of you who don’t let me catch you up.


The Southeastern Climbers Coalition (SCC) is a non-profit organization that formed in the early 90’s when a bunch of climbers teamed-up to address Lookout Mountain’s access issues. They work closely with the Access Fund (another non-profit) to address access issues, host trail days, and even purchase cliff lines and bouldering areas all over the southeast.


In the last six months the SCC has purchased two cliffs: Yellow Bluff – a 1000+ linear feet of cliffline about 20 miles outside Huntsville – and Steele 25 acres of cliff in, yes, Steele, AL! I really can’t begin to describe how proud I am of all the work that everyone is doing...
But any who, I am so stoked about having good trad climbing within 45min of home! So its time I pull out my shiny trad-rack and hit the cliff.

So again, thank you to everyone who has dedicated so much time and effort!

the rack is out.

No comments: